Pilates Mat 1 & 2 Training In Studio
Friday, October 16, 2020 - Sunday, October 18, 2020
10:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Hot Yoga Dublin
Hot Yoga Dublin | YogaNextDoor | Dublin | Malahide, Malahide Road, Northern Cross, Dublin 17, Ireland
We are delighted that you are considering taking this Pilates Teacher Training course co-hosted in partnership between Pilates Teacher Training Institute and Hot Yoga Dublin.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARE BOOKING THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU. PLEASE
CHECK THE PREREQUISITES BELOW
*****I ALREADY HAVE A PRIOR QUALIFICATION IN HEALTH OR FITNESS,
- which includes Anatomy and
Physiology? Yoga Teacher, Physiotherapist, Fitness Instructor, Manual Therapist etc.
*****I HAVE ATTENDED 20+ PILATES CLASSES
The course suitable for you is:
PILATES MAT 1 & 2 CPD COURSE
This is a 5-day In-Person Training (with optional pre-recorded online Tutorials)
Location: Hot Yoga Dublin, Unit 5, Block 4, Burnell Green, Northern Cross, Malahide Road, Dublin 17.
Dates: Friday, 16th - Sunday 18th October plus Saturday 7th - Sunday 8th November 2020
Times: 10.30am-6pm daily
● Pilates Mat CPD €725 – Early Bird €635 (before September 25th )
● SYLLABUS and important information. Please read
● Application Form
● Reserve your space BOOKING deposit
This intensive training is aimed at professionals already involved in the health/fitness industry, with previous anatomy and physiology training at college level.
The course provides the knowledge needed to teach groups and individuals Pilates mat- work exercises to a beginners & intermediate level.
Starting with the foundations and fundamentals of Pilates, the course aim is to marry functional anatomy with Pilates exercises, modified from the original 34, in a safe and effective way. In doing so, we aim to give participants a true understanding of Pilates Method and a deeper understanding of the teaching skills needed to teach this method to the general public.
The training takes place over two or three weekends. Additional apprenticeship hours between 5 and 30, will be required based on candidates previous experience, ability and understanding . These are done with a teacher of the students choice and can be spread over 6 months.
- Pilates history, philosophy and principals
- Applied anatomy
- Pilates mat exercises level I&II including modifications and progressions
- Teaching skills, cuing, safety & effective communication
- Postural analysis and its impact on Pilates students
- The business, hospitality and ethics of Pilates.
- A qualification in a movement discipline which includes Anatomy & Physiology
- 20 hours Pilates experience
- Practical experience in health & fitness, Yoga,Dance, Physiotherapy, Martial arts or Physical education.
- After passing the final examination and supervised teaching, students will receive a teaching certificate accredited by the Complimentary Therapists association UK (formerly Embody), and insurance can also be provided by this organisation. This course carries 20 cpd credits.
Day 1 Course introduction, with explanation of learning outcomes.
Discipline requirements: timekeeping, ethics, hygiene, kit and materials
Pilates mat class, fundamentals to beginners level
11.30 – 1pm
The history and principals of Pilates
Pilates fundamental exercises set up
Warm up exercises
Pilates mat class fundamental level with two supine two prone , two seated exercises. Q&A
Pilates warm up exercises
Supine exercises followed by Q&A
Pilates mat level 1 class with Q&A
Seated and prone exercises in detail
Teaching skills- posture and pilates
Pilates mat level I class with Q&A
Articulating, all fours, plank
14:00 – 15:30
Demonstrating & teaching. Cuing and imagery
Pilates exercises modifications and progressions – revisit principals
Pilates mat level I & II class
Principals, history and philosophy revisited
**Please note all deposits are non-refundable - with the exception of the course not proceeding due to
lack of minimum participants (8)**
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details