School Teacher Children's Yoga & Mindfulness with Skip Oliver
Saturday, October 01, 2022 - Sunday, October 02, 2022
09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
Hot Yoga Dublin
Unit 5, Block 4, Burnell Green, Northern Cross, Malahide Road, Dublin 17
Dates & Times:
Sat October 1st : 9.30am - 4.30pm
Sun October 2nd : 9.30am - 4.30pm
Full weekend training including manual €350
***** We offer discounted rates for groups of teachers of 5 or more**** please contact for group bookings
The Yoga Bananas® Schoolteachers' Course is for teaches who would like to train in breathing, visualisation, basic yoga techniques, physical theatre and meditation to creatively work with children.
The school teachers Yoga Bananas® Technique requires no prior formal training in yoga.
The training weekend is both practical and pedagogic.
The Yoga Bananas® Technique has been taught in schools for over two decades. You will recognise lots of activities we do as linking to the broader curriculum, strengthening children's learning in areas such as PSHE, citizenship, emotional development, music, beat and rhythm, phonological awareness for little ones and speaking and listening skills. It also caters to visual, auditory and kinesthetic learning styles.
The Technique encompasses a structure that can be used for an entire PE lesson, strengthening children's gross motor skills - or can be divided into smaller bite-sized pieces for the classroom. There is an emphasis on original storytelling throughout the course, which can support children's narrative skills and strengthen their learning pathways in storytelling, which can be beneficial for visual and kinesthetic learners.
The main elements we will delve into are:
- Basic postural alignment for a healthy spine and lungs
- Dynamic energy work for cardiovascular health
- Teaching respect for developing positive relationships
- Balancing poses for harnessing the mind as well as the body
- Imaginative memory games for improving concentration
- Vocal exercises that create camaraderie and connection between peers and allow children to indulge in narrative chatter, giving them a voice and imaginative freedom
- Relaxation and visualisation techniques for controlling anxiety
And, of course, everything that is taught is backed up by a 40,000 word illustrated manual that recounts the course verbatim.
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details