Yoga with Resistance Bands TT with Laurel
Friday, July 03, 2020 - Sunday, July 05, 2020
06:30 PM - 05:00 PM
Hot Yoga Dublin
Unit 5, Block 4, Burnell Green, Northern Cross, Malahide Road, Dublin 17
Yoga with Resistance Bands Teacher Training
(16 hrs CPD with YA)
Friday July 3rd , 6.30pm - 9pm
Saturday July 4th, 9.30pm - 5.30pm
Sunday July 5th, 9.30pm - 5.30pm
Build More Strength In the Practice You Love
The Yoga with Resistance Bands Teacher Training is designed to provide you with the practice and teaching know-how to integrate resistance bands into your yoga classes in a way that is fun and creative, but that also builds strength progressively. Each trainee will receive a comprehensive training manual. Additionally, there are three masterclasses within this training that are open to the general public.
Why resistance bands?
Logistically, resistance bands are an accessible and effective strength-building tool to incorporate in group yoga class settings, private sessions, or for your own personal practice. When integrated effectively into a yoga class, the constant tensile feedback from the bands provide the body’s nervous system with more feedback to generate more muscle tension, but also to enhance proprioception. This can result in improved strength as well as improved motor control. Improved motor control is a proven way to decrease pain.
This training is for you if you…
- Want interesting, fun, and creative ways to build strength progressively within your yoga practice.
- Recognize that if your goal is to feel better in your body, getting stronger may be a more effective way to do that than getting more flexible.
- Don’t like going to the gym and are looking for a way to bring strength work directly onto your yoga mat.
- Want to have more tools to work effectively with students who come to you with injuries and pain.
- Want to learn ways to make yoga more accessible and useful for different populations including elderly, disabled, pregnant, or injured individuals while still offering them a challenging experience that you can scale according to their needs.
- Want to learn effective band arrangements, sequencing techniques, and cueing strategies for teaching using resistance bands.
- Are interested in approaching teaching yoga classes in a way that is guided by pain science and modern movement science.
- Recognize that adding resistance bands can not only help you add strength, but also variety to your practice so that you are less likely to succumb to overuse injuries.
- Are interested in the ways resistance bands can enhance the sensory experience of practicing the asanas and make old poses new again.
In the Yoga with Resistance Bands Teacher Training you will:
- Take three full length Yoga with Resistance Bands workshops themed around a pose category – active hip openers, arm balances, backbends and inversions. All poses within the sequences will incorporate one or more resistance bands. The course manual included in the cost of the training includes images and descriptions of every pose.
- Learn the logistics of incorporating resistance bands in group classes and leave with the skills and knowledge for how to introduce them successfully to students of varying levels of strength and ability.
- Incorporate progression and regression strategies for skillful Yoga with Resistance Band class sequences that include knowledge around how to:
- Increase and decrease external resistance of the bands (aka finding the right resistance for the person and task.)
- Increase and decrease range of motion within poses to help students maximize stability and muscle force output (muscle tension.)
- Change pose orientation to regress, progress or work new avenues of strength within poses and exercises.
- Adequately prepare the body for whole task exercises by deconstructing the exercise into part task skills.
- Understand how to maximize the benefit of using the resistance bands act as ‘external ligaments’ to provide feedback to students’ nervous systems. Learn effective cueing strategies and understand why certain band arrangements are helpful for learning certain tasks.
- Study relevant anatomy and biomechanics principles as a means to better skillfully apply the addition of resistance bands to meet individual students’ needs.
Who Can Take the Yoga with Resistance Bands Teacher Training?
You do not need to be a teacher to take and benefit from this training, although having a dedicated movement practice, like yoga, Pilates, fitness training, martial arts or dance is helpful.
Certificate of Completion and Continuing Education Credits
Laurel is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. Students who complete this training can receive a certificate of completion upon request. The training counts for between 16.5 continuing education credits for Yoga Alliance.
Laurel Beversdorf, YACEP, E-RYT 500, is an international yoga educator, the creator of Yoga with Resistance Bands classes and trainings and Body of Knowledge anatomy and biomechanics workshops, and a Yoga Tune Up® and Roll Model® trainer. Laurel regularly presents trainings and workshops at locations like Kripalu, YogaWorks, and studios around the world. Her classes blend strength training, rehabilitation practices, myofascial release, and yoga. Laurel has written for Yoga Journal, Shut Up & Yoga, and the Tune Up Fitness blog. A Wisconsin native, she lives in NYC with her husband, baby girl, and two cats. You can learn more about her online at www.laurelbeversdorf.com.
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details